Moms

I watched "Mother's Day" today while David and Evan were out and cried and cried. It just hit a nerve today I guess.  I heard this song in the opening credits for the first time. It made me think of Me & Mom, Marsha & Jayme and Cristal & Sharon.  Jayme, Cristal and I were all such a big part of each others lives growing up due to our mothers' friendship. And we all loved each other. But we each thought "we got the best mother". And this song brought me back to those days today.  

You might have a mom
She might be the bomb
But ain't nobody got a mom like mine

There are SO MANY things I know I take for grated on a daily basis ... health, a job, the country I live in .... so many.  But I really try hard to NEVER take for granted a loving, Christian mom who raised me with everything she had. So many little kids don't get that ... it's  a precious gift and a grace from God.  I am SO THANKFUL to have the mother I had.  She IS the bomb!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love you so much.

Popular Posts