Short Ribs With Fava Beans

I have been seeing fava beans on all the cooking shows and I have been dying to try them. David was busy with a few chores around the house Sunday after church, so I decided to use that free time to finally make some Spring favas.

Step One: Whole Foods. It's the only place I can find them around here. Let me tell you, Whole Foods in the Spring is dangerous. I could spend a FORTUNE!  They had baby asparagus and brussel sprouts, rainbow carrots ... all kinds of delicious vegetables.  Even the tomatoes looked good today! I got fava beans and snow peas and left before spending $100 on produce. Here's what I started with:  


Step Two: I peeled them and got these beans.


Step Three: I threw those beans in boiling salted water for a minute and shocked them in cold water.

Step Four: I had to peel the beans and I got these bright green beauties.  I didn't get more than a half a bowl full.  They were a lot of work.


I sauteed these in a little butter and served them with braised short ribs topped with a salad of blanched snow peas, radish and carrot.  Delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts