A March Snow

Just when I felt like winter was coming to an end and the beginnings of spring were just around the corner, we get a snow storm. But all said and done, it was not bad at all.  No power outages for us. No trouble driving (it snowed Wednesday night into early Thursday morning).  And it was gorgeous!  It was heavy, wet snow so it clung to everything in thick clumps.  Bad for trees and power lines, but pretty to look at. I had to get a few morning pictures because I know most of it will be melted off the trees by the time I get home. (Another reason it's not so bad .... snow in March tends to melt quickly.)  Here are a few photos I took.

The backyard. 





The side trees.


  


The front tree.




Treetops. Every once in a while you see a bird perched at the very tip top.  The view they must see. 



On the way to work I got stopped for a good 10-15 minutes.  A tree was down and we waited while they cleared it. I was fortunate because I stopped right by eagle rock.  So, I got a few photos.  





I've never been this close for any length of time. I didn't realize the eagle was signed. 

 


Comments

Popular Posts