Last Week At Home

I got the call today that I am going back to the office to work on Monday, May 18th. That will be after 8 weeks working from home. It's been interesting .... days have run one into the other. It's rained a majority of the days I've been home. I have so many emotions. I'm jealous that David will be home throughout the summer and maybe the rest of the year. I'm grateful to have a job while so many would LOVE to have one. I'm wanting to quit and stay home and drive to Texas for an extended stay. I'm finding myself making lists and trying to control everything. I feel tired and worn out. I'm mostly trying to BE GRATEFUL.  I have EVERY REASON to be grateful. My family is safe and healthy. David and I both have our jobs for now. We are in good shape financially should one of us lose our job. GRATEFUL. And yet I find myself trying to push back so many other emotions. I'm not really scared to go to work or to get sick. It's just "not fun" out there ... wearing masks and gloves and wiping things down all the time and watching every movement ... not even wanting to clear your throat, or heaven forbid, sneeze in public. I'm dreading all of that. It's been nice not getting up and ready and out of the house so early ... slowly moving and getting ready over the course of the morning. But I suppose in another 8 weeks I'll be used to the "new regular" routine and how it will all go this summer. I just want to be grateful, truly, from the marrow of my bones for every way that God has protected and provided for us. G.R.A.T.E.F.U.L. that is all. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
sorry your at home has come to an end. love you

Popular Posts