God Decorates For Showers Too!

 
I'm in the mood to throw a shower. It's been a LONG time! I know a few people who are expecting, but they are all so far away. I miss Swoozie's and invitations and running to Garden Ridge at 10:00 at night for that perfect ribbon. I miss coming up with themes and ideas and party favors.  I miss googling "food art" and "watermelon carvings" and "100 things to do with chocolate".....stuff like that. I miss driving mom crazy with "Can we stop one more place - JoAnn's?" or "Okay, do you have 50 matching linen napkins in pale pink?" And Dad with "Oh, how hard can it be to make a complete garden in the living room?"  Can't you do it tonight before you go to bed?" I miss calling Marsha to get that tip on the completely insane idea I had and hearing her saying "Oh, yes, you can do that. You just need a few rubber bands, a hot glue gun, some gelatin and a container of kerosene." ha! Well, maybe I'm getting carried away. But I do miss the planning and the thinking about all the ideas and the actual putting it together. 

I guess I first realized that I was REALLY missing throwing showers when I passed this house. The photo doesn't do it justice - trust me.  David and I were just at the dump (yes, he has to take his trash to the dump on Saturdays. They don't come and pick it up at the house like in Texas) and we were heading to Starbucks in Colchester. I was riding along, probably yakking away and looking out the window. I saw this PERFECT TREE. And my VERY first thought when I saw it was....it looks like an umbrella! What a fabulous shower decoration for the yard! I wonder if those people throw showers. There's no need for balloon displays or lamps or yard decorations. This spectacular umbrella tree decorated for a wedding or baby shower with the "white polka-dot" flowers is absolutely PERFECT...maybe a pink ribbon on the trunk or a few large baby blue balls hanging down........maybe an outside occasion with tables covered in white tablecloths and small flower centerpieces.......
........Yep, I'm in the mood to throw a shower!

Comments

Jayme said…
you always had the knack for a good soiree! "have you ever thought of doing this professionally?" ;)
Matthew said…
you would be good at it professionally. feel free to pop back to dallas for some amateur status practice.
mom said…
thank goodness you moved to ct
Aunt Mary said…
I agree with Matt and Jayme, laugh at Connie, and wonder if you'd be brave enough to just stop by and tell the owners what a lovely tree they have and that you enjoyed seeing it. You might just make someone's day a little brighter!
Mr. Bill said…
It looks too perfect. Are you sure you didn't go to Hobby Lobby and get a doll house and put a bonsai tree in front of it?

Popular Posts