I Got a Microwave...



Okay, I'm sure you are saying "Okay.....it's 2008.....you felt the need to blog that you got a microwave today?  Really?  ...Okay let me explain.....

As I'm sure you all know by now, David married Wendy and had Evan. When they divorced, Wendy married Eric. (both seen above)  Before I moved, Mom gave me several speeches all including the phrase "Remember, you are joining lives already in progress".  David, Wendy and Eric already had a very nice working, functioning relationship and everyone was to benefit, especially Evan. So, when I packed my bags to move to CT, I also packed my "good attitude".  I was ready to play the "dutiful girlfriend".  I had all the phrases down: "Whatever is best for Evan"..."That's your call"..."Whatever you and Wendy think"....I was ready to go! I'd been trained and I was off.

As it turns out, it's been SO EASY getting to know Wendy and her family.  Wendy is warm and bubbly.  She can make anyone feel at ease.  She seems to always be up, happy, joking and smiling. She has a great sense of humor and a laid back approach to life. Eric is one of the "younger" folks I've gotten to know around here.  We always tease Wendy and David that we are the same age - YOUNGER. Wendy and Eric have Olivia and little baby Jameson (who was born just before I got to CT). They are cute kids! Olivia is a little spitfire - fighting with Evan one minute and hugging him the next.  I've even been able to get to know Wendy's family a little. We went to their beach house for the 4th of July, saw them again at Evan's birthday at David's and recently went to their place for dinner one night. They are all so nice!

We went to the Hebron Fair on Friday, Sept 5th after work. It was fun watching the kids ride the rides.  I stood and talked with Wendy while she looked after Jameson and Eric and David stood the long lines with the kids.  I'm sure from Texas, it sounds really odd.  And maybe it is. But somehow it works and it's not only comfortable, it's enjoyable.  They are really great people that love their kids and want the best for them. And


Wendy and David and Eric seem to really have a respectful and caring relationship with each other.
And they have been kind enough to let me join the mix.  The other day we went to pick up Evan and Eric popped his head out of the garage.  "Kim, you wanna microwave?"  I looked at Wendy.  She said to take it.  They were going to put it in a tag sale, but if I wanted it, I could take it.  So, David's ex-wife's new husband loaded up the car with a new microwave for David's girlfriend. Judge us if you must, but I hope that you won't. It's nice to have such harmony.  And I hope that I get to spend more time with them the future. They are really great people. So, if you were curious how "Kimberly's doing with all that", know that I am doing fine with it.....better than fine.

Comments

Jayme said…
I loved reading this :) I'm so glad CT is been such a good experience for you! You are missed and loved! Keep loving life because it's a fun ride when you jump on!!
candidlykatie said…
What a great story! I'm very happy for you and your microwave. ;)
Dad said…
i'm really proud of you.
U. Bill said…
I am especially pleased to read this, sweetie. This is the way it should be. There is nothing odd sounding at all in this, only harmonious relationships that should be the norm, but 95% of the time are not. You are more fortunate than you may realize, but I do think that you really do realize and value it. I am really glad to read this and am happy for you! They all sound like neat people.
Matthew said…
you are truly blessed. very much so.

Popular Posts