Fall

Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~ George Eliot



I am really enjoying Fall more than I thought I would.  I have heard people say over and over how we don't have a "Fall Season" in Texas and I always roll my eyes. We have Sept-Nov just like everyone else. But there really is a difference in Fall up here. Not better, but definitely different. It's hard to explain. Just something you have to experience: the bright colored leaves all along the walk ways and the streets - the cooler temperature - the little yellow school buses that pass in the morning full of kids in jackets - the breeze that seems to rustle everything, making this great hum that lingers in the air like a New Englanad Fall Melody - there's just a different "energy". It's Fall.

I'm falling more and more in love with this place every day.  I know this because last night as I was pulling into my apartment, I was taken aback by how cozy and charming and warm everything looked. What used to feel old and dingy, felt quaint and romantic. What used to feel way out in the country felt safe and homey and beautiful.  The little dirt road that takes me from the highway to my place was longer "that little dirt road" that reminded me I was not in the city anymore.  It was the darling little path, twisting under a canopy of yellow and orange trees, to my little place next to the tree with the bright Christmas-Red vine growing all along the trunk. For just a second, it was my own little living Thomas Kinkaid. I stopped and took a few photos, but they in no way do it any justice.  I haven't been able to quite capture it on film yet. Maybe it takes a professional eye to really capture the colors and the mood. 

Here's my backyard view:

Comments

Matt said…
wow - i'm jealous.
jenny said…
That is gorgeous! Your backyard (and front yard) looks like a postcard. :)

Popular Posts