Halloween at the Oakes House

Evan loves Halloween. I love to decorate for parties. David loves us both, and therefore, lets us get away with all kinds of crazy things! So....I decided to decorate his front room for Halloween. Poor David probably thought I was going to throw up a few spiders webs (although he should know me better than that by now). We cleared the room out and lined the walls with "wall" paper. I covered all the tables with this red pleather and then laid a black "skull and bones" lace over that. We hung bats from the lights, and put spiders and webs anywhere that would hold them. It was SO FUN!



But my absolute favorite thing (that didn't photograph so well) was the "monster eyes" we put in the front windows of the house to make the house look alive. They look SO GREAT from the street! The tricker treaters are going to get a kick out of them!


We are going as "fans" this year.  All of the girls at work are going as their favorite fan(Nascar, baseball, golf, whatever) I, of course, will represent football - I have my Romo jesey and "Go Cowboy" face paint.  (Although these days, I have to admit, it's a little embarrassing as their season isn't going QUITE as expected). David even bought me a "candy tricker treater pumpkin" wearing a Cowboy helmet!  Too cute!  I'm sure we'll have photos of the kids and Wendy and Eric and all the festivities, but I wanted you to see the fun house we've created for the upcoming holiday. 

We may not be everyone's cup of sunshine, but we're having a good time!
 


Comments

Jayme said…
oh I love this! Too cute!!
amy said…
wow, this is impressive. you have done way better than i have. very cute!
kimsingleton said…
Hey! Good to hear from you! If you have photos of your place (and little ones dressed up), I'd love to see them. The window things are the BEST (if you have the windows spaced and sized to do it)!! They are about $20 and you get two. They have eyes and skeletons and pumpkins and they look GREAT in the dark!! The best part is, they take about 5 minutes tops hang up!

Popular Posts