Can a wii fit change your life?

Okay, probably not. Neither can a new pair of heels, but they sure are nice to have! 

If you read the "bear blog" I wrote earlier, or have talked to me on the phone lately, you know that I am suffering a little bit from the winter blahs.  Mom and Dad sent me a wii fit to get me up and moving inside since I wasn't going outside much.  The truth is, for many weeks now, I have been getting up in the cold dark and going to work. Then I have been leaving work in the cold dark and going home. The colder and darker it got, the less I wanted to do....I had to go to work of course, but short of that, I did as little as possible.

Enter the wii fit.  David and I went on a search one day to Best Buy, Toys R Us, Circuit City and the like. I looked online and they seemed to be out everywhere.  (Except on Amazon where they were marked up.) I called Mom and she sent one from Dallas (per the previous "shopping" blog: Dallas retail rocks!).    

080516-wiifitscreenshot-bcol_standardIt's actually a lot of fun!  I think I like the yoga best.  I have been doing easy yoga for years - doing the poses as best I could. But the wii measures your center of balance and grades you based on holding that center.  It's really challenging and helps you really perfect your form and get the most out of even the simpliest poses.  It keeps your scores (up to 10 previous attempts) so you can compare your results.  You can test your BMI and your age.  You can set goals.  The wii keeps track of your minutes and what activities you choose most frequently.  It's a great concept and I am going to enjoy it.  It gets me up off the couch.  If you have a wii, I highly recommend getting the wii fit!

Comments

amy said…
we gave ourselves a wii for christmas and love it. i have been wanting to get wii fit and you just made me want it more. i think i'll ask for it for valentine's day :) love you and miss you.
jenny said…
I'm SOOO jealous! I can't find one ANYWHERE. By the time I get to the Target/Best Buy/Walmart (all within 2 miles of my house) they are all out! "Oh, gosh we had 345,789 this morning, you should have gotten in line before we opened!" I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)
kimsingleton said…
Yeah, Jenny! I heard you got one too! Let me know how you like it.

Popular Posts