A Quiet Tuesday Evening

Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life. ~ Brian Andreas


There was nothing particularly exceptional about Tuesday, May 19th.  I wasn't on a trip to a tropical place or relaxing at the spa.  I wasn't any richer than I was the day before, no thinner or prettier, no smarter or better.  But in its own simple way, Tuesday May 19th was a magical day. 


I drove to work in the morning and could barely keep my eyes on the road. The sky was so blue...not a cloud in sight.  The trees were finally green again and the blue and green together in the sunshine just "popped".  I sang all the way to work. (Something you may not know about me....in the privacy of my own car...when no one is around....I have the voice of Beyonce and Christina Aguilera combined....it's amazing!  ;) Not a note off key.  Wish I could do that in reality!)  Anyway, work went quickly by and before I knew it, I was making the same trip back home in the perfect New England spring weather. 


I went to David's and tried to stay out and enjoy the weather as much as possible.  We turned on the radio and Evan and I played ball and jumped on the trampoline while David grilled flank steak.  We had dinner outside and talked about the upcoming weekend.  The conversation was light and easy....the broccoli was steamed to perfection.....the breeze was just right...the yard was soft and green and landscaped beautifully....it was just a great night.....for no reason at all and for every reason.


It was a day filled with the glow of ordinary things & we passed them quietly from hand to hand... ~ Brian Andreas 


Half way through the evening I felt the urge to grab my camera and take a few photos....just to have the memory of the day saved forever.  Here's what my life looks like on an ordinary Tuesday evening in the spring.  It's a good life:



Here's the beautiful yard. (Note:  the tires in the yard aren't a normal occurrence.  They are going in my car that night to be changed out.  ....No more snow tires!)

5

Here's David out on the deck grilling away while we are on the trampoline:

1

I like to call this one simply JAZZ HANDS: 

3

Comments

Popular Posts