What I'm For

I was in the car the other day and a new song caught my attention.  I liked it right off.  I heard it again today at lunch.  It is Pat Green's new song "What I'm For".  If you haven't heard it, it starts out:

I'm for wildflowers in the window,
Mechanics you can trust
I'm for crackers in my chili,
And leavin' grudges in the dust


I'm for drive thru order takers,
Who can muster up a smile
I'm for takin' in that stray dog,
That's been hangin' 'round for awhile

 and the hook is:   



You don't have to ask what I'm against
If you know what I'm for

Interesting.....I love that idea.  It's a great song. I think you can hear it here if you haven't heard it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j43qZK_GZqs.  As I was sitting here at work today, (slow day) I came up with my own version of the song.  What are you for?  Send me a comment! I'd love to hear it.



I'm for anything Crayola
Bright green colored glass
Men who still open doors
To let a woman pass


I'm for making children giggle
Scary novels late at night
I'm for hiding out in winter
Watchin' movies in black and white


I'm for sitting by the fire
And walking in the park
I'm for cooking on the weekend
And kissin' after dark


I'm for party decorating
Then leaving before it starts
Over-tipping waiters and
Putting back your shopping cart


I'm for church on Sunday morning
Saying grace before you eat
Good 'ol-fashioned hymns
When they sing 'em soft and sweet


I'm for pulling out the moonsand
Even if it makes a mess
For wearing heels and makeup
Even though you don't wear a dress


I'm for starting up the card game
Big dogs with lots of fur
Being careful of the words you use
Kids saying Ma'am and Sir


I'm for people who can smile
Even when their sick
I'm for having both the choices
When you don't know which to pick


I'm for beaches down in Mexico
The sun and heat and sand
Teenagers going against the norm
Not afraid to take a stand


I'm for the person at the office
With candy on their desk
And the students in the classroom
Who always try their best


I'm for family 'round the table
Talkin' about their day
Burgers on the grill
And a decked out relish tray


I'm for the Cowboys in the Superbowl
And Troy Sundays on Fox
When it comes to making plans
Trying to think outside the box


I'm for people who just do it
Scared as they may be
Having "fancy" band-aids
When your child scraps a knee


I'm for taking what you need
But trying to give more
You don't have to ask what I'm against
If you know what I'm for

Comments

jenny said…
L-O-V-E it!!!
Jayme said…
Aww I love it!
betty said…
you are all through that song. i read your version, and saw us all everywhere. it's like you A KEEPER!!!!

Popular Posts