Working Hard For The Money....

A NOTE (7/30/09): 



Suspense is worse than disappointment. - Robert Burns

Well I just got the call. It seems that they have offered the job to someone else.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out The Interview: 
http://kimsingleton.wordpress.com/2009/07/14/the-interview/.   The whole process started on June 3rd, so it's good to have a resolution, even if it means that they will not be blessed by my hard work and creative mind!  ;)  ha..... as I told David, it's a disappointment not to be wanted, but certainly not devastating.  Moving on is so much easier than hanging in limbo. I'm not too worried about it.  If it wasn't the right fit, then I wouldn't want to be there.  Hopefully things will pick up here after the summer.  But it does seem to make this blog all the more pitiful without the hope of something more exciting on the horizon:  

I suppose in this economy, those who have jobs should be thankful and that should be enough.  (I also suppose, that goes double if you are in the commercial real estate business!) I am thankful and I try to remind myself to be thankful in a very conscience way.  But it has occurred to me on several occasions this week that this may not be my dream job and I may not be utilized to my full potential, which leads me to this blog: 

10 Ways You Know Your Job May Not Be All That Fulfilling



1.  You've checked your Yahoo account at least 30 times in the last 3 hours just hoping for an email, just 'cause you need something to do, even if it's deleting junk.

2.  When someone asks for a flyer or spreadsheet, you do it three or four different ways and give them an option....just 'cause you have the time. (Even if they look at you like you are crazy every time)

3. You've developed your own game called "Name That Ringtone" and you know every agent's phone and cell phone ring tone from across the office....usually before they do!

4.  You drink constantly all day because you look forward to bathroom breaks.

5. You have time to put together, print and bind a 40 page "information packet" with more than you will ever need to know for an upcoming day trip (including a "custom" map with all the Starbucks and other things in the area in case you need it).

6.  You've read every blog you know of ... and most of them are the same as the day before....and the day before that....but you re-read them anyway.  You have also put together a cookbook with approx. 150 recipes that you have gathered from various random blog sites.

7.  You've stuffed over 600 envelopes with flyers in one afternoon and you didn't really mind doing it because you only looked at the clock 50 times instead of 100.

8.  Your desk drawer is so clean that one paperclip out of place is noticeable.

9. You have considered starting a smoking habit, because at least those people get two 15-minute breaks to stand around outside and talk. That would kill an extra half-hour.

10. You have unlimited amounts of time to sit and think up silly, rambling blogs.

Comments

jenny said…
I am sorry for the disappointment. You are amazing, and they would be lucky to have you. It reminds me of the Unanswered Prayers song, there is a reason - even if you don't know what it is. Keep your chin up; just the right opportunity will come along. :)

Popular Posts