We Went Out Last Night....

Last night we went to see the Kenny Chesney concert. It was fun...I'd heard so much about his concerts, I was curious to see what it would be like.  He was energetic and put everything he had into it.  He sang mostly and talked very little.  He won the contest for the most tv screens I've ever seen at a concert!  There was lots of great lighting. He was good. Really good.  But I have to say....all things being equal...I'd rather see Montgomery Gentry again!  That was my favorite. I think it comes down to the songs...bottom line.  You can have all the rest, but it's the songs that are the point.  In my mind if you have the songs and entertainment factor of Montgomery Gentry......they are pretty hard to beat!  David still contends that Phil Vassar is the best.  Whatever! ;)  I did notice a few things while there last night.  Here are a few random thoughts I had since the concert:

1. Short shorts and cowboy boots should not be the "go-to looks good on all" concert ensemble.

2. The next morning, at 34, you can put on 2" of makeup and you still look really tired.  You're not fooling anyone.

3. Only a male entertainer would have a giant million-inch tv on stage.  Maybe you can pull off the wrinkled tan skin as distinguished, and the hat covers the bald, but when you get older, you just have that little bit of flabby-hangy arm that even hours at the gym can’t quite remedy.  The half-million-inch screen may not be the way to go after 40.

4. No matter where you go or what you do in Connecticut, half the crowd will have white hair. I’m sure I’ll find more and more comfort in that each passing year.

5.  The best part of waking up, just might be the Folgers in your cup!  .....Sorry, I told you I was tired!

6.  You may not recognize it right off, but “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy” is simply brilliant. 

7.  Men will stare at anything that wiggles or has yellow hair. And heaven help us if she’s both!

8. Yeah, Michael Jackson was crazy. Elvis was kinda strange. I imagine that most superstars are.  I mean, what sense of reality can anyone really have when they stand on a stage night after night….day in and day out….with thousands of people screaming, applauding, adoring them…..singing every word to their songs, wearing clothes like they do, trying to “be them”.  It’s weird, man.

9. A word to the shirtless guy in the audience:  Really, trust me when I say, no one wants to see that.  You’re just creeping us out.

10. Little kids love the circus….the colors, the flashing lights, the music…the life.  Concerts are circuses for grown-ups.

And finally.....I'm obsessed with "blog opportunities".  I was trying to get a GREAT shot for the blog, but didn't really get one.  David took the curtain shot.  I'm jealous of you and your camera, Jenny! 

 Sign

Screen

Stage

singing heart out

singing and sitting

Comments

Popular Posts