Jenny, This Blog's For You....

Top Ten Reasons I'm Excited It's FINALLY Football Season! 


Fall 5.jpg10.   It means fall is here.  I LOVE Fall in New England. Definitely my favorite season here. It's crisp and colorful and there's a feeling in the air that I can't describe.  It's the BEST! Apples, pumpkins, festivals and fairs!

9.  We get to pull out the 'ol Cowboy/Giants gear.....the hats and sweatshirts and "his and her" remote controls.  The sticker I have on my back windshield starts to mean a little more.  It's FOOTBALL SEASON! ;)

8.  Okay, call me a nerd, but I kinda like the whole fantasy football thing.  Why is it such a "guy" thing?  David is going to his draft party tonight....I'm so jealous.  I kinda got into the football frame of mind this week working on these AWESOME (if I do say so myself)  spreadsheets with the players and rankings and whatnot for his draft.  Why are girls delegated to the scrapbook, cooking, book club variety.  (All good things mind you, but where's the football love?) Where's the group of gals that show up in their jersey with spreadsheets and nachos in hand.   

7.  David and I get to start up the rivalry. We've been friends since February, but now it's that time.....the trash talk.......the bets......watching David's face when I get Evan to pump his fists and chant "Cowboys.....Cowboys!".....The Romo and Manning jokes (of which there are plenty).....

6.  It's way more fun to login and listen to The Ticket this time of year.  Everyone knows iKtckn Dallas media that Cowboys are King and this is their part of the year to reign!  All Cowboy talk......training camp....interviews with the players....the coaches....the Jerry Jones parodies!  Love You Musers!

5.  I get the GREAT Jenny comments like "Everytime Abigail hears the name Tony Romo, she thinks of you. She says, “Tony Romo? Do you know who likes Tony Romo?” : )"  and "Abigail said something about Tony Romo yesterday. Just thought you would like to know."  And my personal Fav:  "So the cowboys game was on today. John was telling Abigail about so and so Singletary and how he used to be with the Bears, and now he’s with the Cowboys. And then Abigail said, “Remember the game where the Bears were playing the Packers, and we were rooting for the Bears? We are fans of the Bears and the Cowboys, but not the Packers. I am not even kidding. John beamed with pride."  Whatta GREAT GIRL!  :)

comfort food4.  What "Top List" would be complete without me talking about food!  The winter football weather comfort food.....the kind that fills the whole house and makes everything feel 10 degrees warmer.....brisket in the crock pot all day, chili, stews, ....uuuummmm.....

3.  Which brings me to #3...watching the games next to the "oven" as I call it.   The black iron pellet stove with the fire burning inside....knowing it's chilly or damp out, but you are warm and toasty and happy as a clam in the den with the game.

2.  Bottom Line?  I just like THE GAME....the sport of it. The competition.  The routing desperately for the third down conversion....holding your breath waiting to see if the ball will make it through the uprights.....the thrill from watching your team rally in the no-huddle offense.....Whoever thought up football.....GENIUS, just GENIUS!

1.  Troy Aikman is back on FOX every Sunday.  Photo below. Enough said.

TroyAikman_hi

Comments

David said…
I absolutely agree with 2 through 10, but the number one reason... Gag me with a spoon! This teenage (and now adult) crush needs to come to an end! :o)
kimsingleton said…
Gag me with a spoon? Honey..... ;) Where did that come from?? Your inner valley girl from 1984?
David said…
Hey... That was a popular saying back in the day when he was playing... i.e. the reference...
jenny said…
Ten Things I'd Rather Do than Watch Football:

1. Go to the dentist
2. Pull stinky overgrown weeds in the yard
3. Iron my own clothes
4. Watch Martha Stewart make unique gifts out of doilies
5. Grocery shop at WalMart on a Saturday afternoon
6. Put a screaming child into time out (over and over again)
7. Go spelunking
8. Grade papers
9. Sniff a wet dog
10. Run three miles
kimsingleton said…
Ha! you crack me up, but I get it. I feel the same way about baseball! ;)
George Oakes said…
Just a quick comment Kimberly. Please don't give up creating this wonder-ful blogs with so much information and pictures, etc. I/we love it. Isn't this time of year so beautiful? At least here in N.H. it is with multi-colored leaves all about and cool days/evenings and lots of fun things to do in "the country." Apple pickin, neighborhood yard sales, open-air markets, visiting with friends etc. etc. Keep bloggin away okay?

Love, Dad and Mom Oakes

Popular Posts