Thank you!

It's 2:43 am on Sunday morning.  I haven't been able to sleep much tonight. I decided to get up and go through and organize the photos.  I'm sitting here saving and captioning and organizing all these photos and I was just overwhelmed by a sense of immense gratitude to all of you.  I know you're all family, but I am SO APPRECIATIVE of the fact that you would take your Saturday night and come out to visit with me and David and meet Evan.  Thank you so much!  I know it was loud. I know it was crazy. I know there was a lot going on....but thank you for fighting the madness and the chaos and making it such a great night.

Jayme & Micheal:  You guys are family to me!  ;)  Thank you so much for coming out. It was fun to see Brody and Raina....in person and  not just photos on the blog!  They are really cute and so sweet.  We were outside with only about 2-3 balloons left for a while and they waited their turn. They watched while the others had a turn. They were so good! So sweet! You are obviously great parent raising two great kids.  Thanks for taking time out of a really busy weekend for you all and spending Saturday night with us.  I really appreciate it!

Marshas family

Marsha:  You are the closest to "magic" that I've ever known. You light up and room and make it more fun just by walking in! I love you so much and I am so grateful for all you have been in my life.  Thank you for continuing to be a part of it even though I have moved so far away...I can't wait for you to make it up here and see the sights in New England! You are someone I hope will come soon and come often.  Thank you for being a support from the first time David met my folks until today....Words can't tell you how I feel to have you in my life.

THe Moores

Mary and Bill: Thank you  for making the day so much more fun for David and Evan.  From the Rod Sox banter to the Bakugan toys, you definitely made it a fun day!  I know that David so enjoys visiting with you.  Thank you for coming out on a Saturday night and hanging out.  Bill, thanks for running down stray rocket balloons!  Mary, thanks for taking the time and trip to Toys R Us to have something special to make Evan feel welcome! That was such a  nice idea.  I feel so much love and support from you both....and always have. You have been a constant support from day one about David and about my move. You said "Go for it!" and "We love you and we're always here" and "Be happy....take a chance on an adventure."  Thank you for always turning out....always showing up.....always being that support.  I love you so much! I wish I could see you more often. 

Shron

Sharon:  First of all, how did you look this fresh at the end of the night?  No fair! ;) Thank you so much for coming out and hanging out with us!  I am so glad that you came and got to meet Evan.  Sharon, you are always there and I really appreciate it.  I think of you as family too....it wouldn't be the same if you weren't there.  Mom couldn't have made it without you and Marsha! 

Matt & Katie: Thanks for taking time out and coming out on a Saturday and fighting the crazy and chaos of a room full of kids and balloons and toys and high pitched noises!  I know it was crazy!  It was so fun to see Caroline...she's really cute and so good.  I really appreciate it. Matt, next time.....Cowboy Stadium tour!! ;)   Thank you again. 

Matt adn Katie

Haley:  Thank you for coming out and bringing the  gluten-free muffins! That was so nice of you to think of that.  (Umm....and they were good too!)  It was good to see you! Thanks for coming out to meet Evan and visit with David again on a Saturday night. I think it's pretty safe to say that you are welcome in Connecticut or New Hampshire anytime.  I think you are "in" with the Oakes family.  I'm still hoping to work on you.....I think you're my best shot at having family up there!  ;)  Hope you come to VT next summer and we get to visit again like this year.  It was really fun!     

Haley

John and Jenny:  (I think Mom was tired of taking photos by the time you left. ha! We didn't seem to get a "family leaving" shot.... Maybe she has enough photos of us already!)  Thank you for coming out and spending the whole day!  I know it's the school year and you guys have so much going on.  I'm sure you had a million things to do on a free Saturday.  Jenny, you must have been exhausted by the end of the day! Thank you for being such a great sport and always letting me run around with the kids doing whatever crazy things I can think up.  John, it was nice to get to ride out with you and have a chance to visit one on one.  I love you guys and your two (soon to be three) precious, darling, beautiful, wonderful, perfect children! ;)  It was so fun to get to see how much Will has changed.  He is quite a talker since the last time I saw him...too cute.....and Abigail...well....you know how I feel about her.  My goodness! Seeing them is always the highlight of my trip....the thing I miss the most when I'm away......the thing that chokes me up the most on the plane ride home.  I can't wait until the next time they are over....I look forward to watching them get older and seeing their little personalities form.  Thank you for sending the emails, the updates, the photos.  I really appreciate it.  Thank you for carving out - not just a few hours - but lots of time for me to see them when I'm here.  Please know that it is all appreciated.  Thank you! Please know you guys are welcome anytime and if the kids want to see the ocean or the snow.......well.....you have a place to stay!   

With the kids

Abigal and Me

Grandmommy:  Thank  you for coming down to visit while I am here in Dallas.  Thanks for all your work in the kitchen!  You always do quite a bit of work when you are here.  I have recently written about how much a love and enjoy you, and I am so glad that we got a chance to stay together.  You are the best Grandmommy and I love you so much.     

use

Mom and Dad:  Blog coming. I am still short of words to express my thanks! I love you.

Comments

Jayme said…
awww we had too much fun! thank YOU for letting us share in your time home :)
Marsha said…
WHAT FUN WE ALL HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I miss you sooooo much and was so glad ya'll planned the cookout for all of us to come to. Of course seeing you was and is a highlight always, but to get to see David and meet Evan was the cherry on top. I had a ball visiting with everyone and I just never feel like a visitor but, that I'm with family. I love you and miss you but I'am so happy that you have a great adventure and are learning so many things about Conn. We'll see you next visit.
Oh, did you get the stuffed Alvacodo at LUNA'S yet. Let me know what you think.
Have a safe trip home. LUV U

Popular Posts