10 Random Thoughts From My Weekend.....

1.  I think I am going to have to read Twilight and see what all the fuss is about. They've worn me down.

2.  I didn't have enough faith in my Cowboys this weekend and got kicked out of the football pool for going with Cincinnati (even though the Cowboys had a better spread).  Serves me right!

3.  I hope Taylor Swift stays the "nice girl" she seems to be.....she sure has found success, fame and fortune....that's a lot of pressure for a 19 year old. Just ask Brittany.

4.  I genuinely still love to color as much as I did growing up. Crayola rocks!

5.  I've only had two Diet Coke backslides since Nov 2nd. Pretty good for such a big addiction.  I'll keep trying, but I'm sick of Vitamin Waters and FUZE already! Still searching for a good substitute when I'm really craving one.   

6.  Thinking you can "zen out" and hang Christmas tree lights in the front yard tree while enjoying the sun and unseasonably warm weather is stupid! After several scrapes, scratches and 10 strings hung, I realized I hadn't plugged into the power source to begin with and ended up with two female plugs and no males plugs for the power source. They all came down. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

7.  There's nothing like an hour power walk in the sun on the trail with Jack Johnson's Good People and Dave Matthew's What Would You Say blaring at unsafe volume to calm stress and clear you head.  I just had to undo the last string and plug that second-to-last string into an extension cord. I'd only lose the one string and the other nine would be fine, but whatever. 

8.  Eating a giant bowl of green rice for dinner doesn't take away the hurt from knowing you will be away from your family for Thanksgiving for the first time in 34 years of life.  It just gives you a stomach ache, so you can think about that for a while instead.     

9.  I can't believe it took me this long to read The Screwtape Letters.  I wish there was a book club or class on that book. I'd take it in a heartbeat. What conversations!

10.  There's an entire generation of young people who don't know the world without Oprah on in the afternoon. Unbelievable.

Comments

jenny said…
As for #1, yes. Once worn down I too caved. And it was delightful. Totally brainless fun - like being 17 again.
#2 - I won't tell your brother...
#5 - good for you! I have no suggestion for a substitute though.
#10 - We all still have TWO YEARS before she leaves. Why does she think she is such a big deal? I know - it's Oprah. But seriously, lately she is just a paid advertisement/promotion anyway.
Jayme said…
#1 - I refuse to fall into the twilight buzz...won't do it! BUT I do lov True Blood on HBO.

#5 - No Fuse or Vitamin Water....those have as much sugar as a Diet Coke does! Get a bottled water and go through all the flavors of the single serve Crystal Lite....I love the Strawberry and the Peach Tea.

#10 - I'm not an Oprah fan - AT ALL - never have been but was glad to see she was going off the air. I don't think she's a good person :S
betty said…
I'm glad you read " Screwtape Letters". Jamie's water suggestion is the best. I like tea or coffee.
kimsingleton said…
Good idea on the water! I'm going to try that this weekend!

Popular Posts