It's Tough Being A Woman....

I have been attending a Life Group on Tuesday nights - it's in a lady's home about 15 minutes from where I live. It is a small eclectic group of women who attend (maybe 10 or so counting myself).  I felt a little out of place at first as I am the newest and youngest member - they have all been meeting for years and know each others histories and familes and so on.  The ladies are REALLY nice and I look forward to Tuesday nights. Last night was the first night after the holiday and we are starting a new study that I am so excited about!  It's a Beth Moore study of Esther.

I sorta think of Beth Moore as the Rachael Ray of the ladies Bible Study world....somewhere between Anne Graham Lotz and Luci Swindoll...people tend to really like her or really not care for her. I really like her.  It was funny though, before we started the first video there was a lively conversation about her voice and her accent...things like "I really like what she's saying, but I have a hard time listening to her voice"... "It takes me awhile to get used to her accent."  ha!  I chimed in "Ya'll, it's 'cause she's from Texas!"  ;)  So there I sat in a room full of northern women, and for the first time noticed that she had a southern draw! Everytime she mentioned her "Houston sisters" - ha - I had to laugh to myself.  I never noticed it before!

I think the study is going to be excellent! I can't wait.  Yes, there is a deep spiritual study - yes there is more than just this - I won't blog those things though - But along with all the lessons and theory, it's also going to include a celebration and examination of all things female. Oh, did I mention the title?  Esther: It's Tough Being A Woman. We all laughed as Beth talked about a survey she did with over 450 women about the toughest things about being a woman.  #3 - Yielding.  Being submissive to a boss, authority figure, in a marriage, etc.  #2 - Balance.  Trying to balance career, family, spiritual life, etc.  #1?  Can you guess?  In a survey of 450 women by far the toughest thing about being a woman:  HORMONES!  ha!  We all died laughing!  She went on..."There's pre-menstrual, menstrual, post-menstrual - by the time that's all over we have about 1 good week a month! We fight with people we love and live with and cry over strangers in commercials!" :)   Pregnancy and all the hormones that go pre- and post- with that.  Then one day you are sitting in church and you feel like your body is 150 degrees!  So funny.... Everyone in the room could relate to something. It think it's going to be a really powerful study, mixed with a lot of humor - Tuesdays are getting to be one of my favorite days - Monday's over, Tuesday night with the ladies after work, then going  home and crying for an hour and a half in front of the tv (um...while eating dinner) with Biggest Loser - ha - a very "girly" day! ;)

Comments

Nancy Oakes said…
Hi Kimberly! Just a note to stay in touch and say hello. It is fun keeping up to date with your news via your stories. Hope to see you soon! Hugs, Mom O. xxoo
jenny said…
Sounds fun! I love having something to look forward to. This is a much better topic than football btw. :)
kimsingleton said…
I am so glad you take the time to read this silly thing! ha. I hear we will be seeing you a couple of weeks, right? Looking forward to a visit. ;)
kimsingleton said…
I have a feeling the topic will re-surface on Monday after our big win!
Amanda said…
I LOVED Ester. This study is life changing. I hope you enjoy it as well!

Popular Posts