I Love You 'Cause...

I got the Beth Moore Esther cds for my birthday last week and I have been listening to them everyday. So good! (Which btw I'll be sending to Mom next week for her to listen to, so if you want to borrow them let Mom or I know and we'll pass them around.  They are really good! ...Anything that's titled "It's Tough Being A Woman"...I mean COME ON!.....Anyone??).  ;)

I was driving into work this morning about 7:40am, listening to one of the above mentioned cds, doing the ugly cry.  Come on girls, you know the one....you've done it too!  ;)  Not the fuzzy watery eyes with a single tear line slowly streaming down each cheek cry.  Not the cry where you can still save the makeup if you have a kleenex or shirt sleeve.  No, you know the one....the one where something just pierces your heart and you feel it welling up from within you and it all collects in your facial muscles and your face squishes up like a baby who is rearing up for a good scream.  And in that instant the tears and the sobs simply can't be held back. You know the one.....it's the cry I personally try to save for when I am absolutely alone and I can hit my knees or crawl up in the fetal position and get it all out...it's not really a "cruising down the freeway on the way to work in full makeup on a random Thursday" kinda of cry.  I quickly collected myself and as the sobs became sniffles my emotional burst turned to rational thought. 

I started thinking about the people who I love and admire, the women that I have watched growing up and learned from, the people I have known from childhood and so on. I've been thinking about them a lot over the last several months.  I think it's the distance and aging and the study I'm in all rolled together.  I know that I am not very good at saying it often enough.  I wish I would do better.  I just have a tendency to get awkward and tough-tied and "weird" for lack of a better word. But I thought I could use this forum over the next few weeks to write a few blogs - thank you letters of sorts - to some of the people who have made such a difference in my life.  I have always loved the Jane Austen quote "You deserve a longer letter than this; but it is my unhappy fate seldom to treat people so well as they deserve. ..." And this will ring true here, I'm sure.  I certainly don't have the time, the words or the skill to express myself in a way that is truly deserved, but I will try my best.  I am working on a few now and will release one everyday, about people in my world - whether they read the blog or not - whether I've told them how I feel numerous times or not very often at all. I'm going to call these blogs ______, I Love You 'Cause...

Comments

Popular Posts