Jayme, I Love You 'Cause...

This blog is going to begin with a confession:  Jayme and I have a difficult relationship and I bet she doesn't even know that! 

David and I were having dinner one night and he said, "You know who really loves her man?"  "Who?" I said, expecting it to be me.  "Jayme," he replied matter of factly, "she is always bragging on Michael."  "Well, she should.  She has a perfect life - she has everything!" I snapped back, surprising even myself. Whoa.....where did that come from?

Then last week Beth Moore was talking about the way we view other women in our lives and said something like "Most women have someone they think has everything - her life is basically perfect and she has everything she wants."  Obviously that's not entirely true, I realize that, but sure, generally speaking, Jayme's face popped into my head.  Jayme's life is one that I have to work not to envy....not to compare to. Otherwise it makes me crazy! She has a husband who adores her, two darling precious twins (one boy and one girl naturally), she gets to stay home, lives within a short drive from both sets of parents...I could go one and on.  (just ask poor David)  She is living the life my 16-year-old heart dreamed of living one day.  That whole "do not covet" thing is tough! I say all that tongue in cheek, sort of.  ;)

For those of you reading this that don't know Jayme, we have known each other as long as I can remember.  Jayme is Marsha's daughter (Marsha is my mom's best friend - like Nancy's Jackie). We've been through perms, pee-wee cheerleading, growing up in Allen, piano recitals, devastating heart breaks and re-building new lives.  I've watched Jayme grow from a little girl in pony tails & bows to a strong, smart, hard-working, loving mother and devoted wife. 

Jayme, I have come to love you so much and to admire you for so many reasons.  First of all, love the blog. Love the photos. Love the day-to-day stuff.  I feel like we live in the same neighborhood and share some of the same experiences, because almost everyday there is a new blog with new stories and photos. I get to watch Raina and Brody grow up!  Thanks for taking the time to update.  I know it takes time and that's something that you don't have an abundance of, but I really appreciate it and know that lots of others do too.

You are a SUPERMOM!  I admire you so much for all the things you do.....you pack up those twins (even from the earliest ages) and take off!  You weren't afraid to take them anywhere! They must been (and still are) so much energy and work, but you have taken it all in stride.  Mom and I have marveled numerous times at how easy you have made it all look - caring for twins.

I love the way you adore them.  You have given them so many happy and fun experiences and memories already.  Birthdays, holidays, even the simpler things are a giant celebration.  I LOVE THAT! You take such extra special care with their clothes, their rooms, their toys, special days.  You take time to make some things over the top and that's just how it should be for kids. Oh, and the photos!! Everything is captured so lovingly on film.

You are teaching them lessons, scripture and stories that will carry them through the rest of their lives and it's so precious to read the stories that you blog where they are learning those lessons!  Thank you for posting those. Keep those coming!

Over the years I have watched your relationship with Michael too. You guys have been a true blessing and hope for me. You were an encouragement to me that "the second time around" could be a completely different experience.  I watched how Michael loved you and how you responded to that unconditional love. You are such a devoted couple and a constant encouragement to me (and now evidently David too).  Your love for each other is so evident to anyone who is around you.   

Thank you for your honest blogs....thank you for sharing your joy and your struggles, what you are learning and teaching your kids. Thanks for the photos, the recipes and the great ideas.  It's an encouragement to me.  I want you to know that.  I love you, Jayme, and I'm so glad that you are in my daily life - even if we are 1,600 miles away!

Comments

Jayme said…
WOW!!! Well you have me in tears! Thank you for saying all these sweet things - you know I adore you and have always looked up to you as a big sister :)

Popular Posts