Getting in Touch With My Inner Jillian

"I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing" - Marsha Doble

Yeah! Our new elliptical arrived today. David put it together in the basement this evening so now we have a place to hide out and get some exercise and relieve some stress. I am so excited. I will start on it tomorrow morning. It's going to be a life saver in the long, cold winter....but for now....maybe I can start to get back into my summer clothes a little easier. (Going to be a long hot summer in sweaters and sweatpants if not!)





Wednesday Morning: Got up this morning at 5:30ish....couldn't wait to try it out. Downloaded a new Pete and headed into the new "exercise room". ;) Jumped on the elliptical. Fan on. Ipod on. My personal screen preference on. I pushed down on the peddle and took off! Yeah.....exercising at home in my pjs at 6:00 in the morning!! Perfect. I peddled and pushed and huffed....legs burning in my thighs....my head was starting to get hot. Is that fan on high? I check it. I play with the settings to keep my mind off the exhaustion. I look down....2 minutes and 36 seconds? REALLY? Yikes....it's tough being out of shape. ha! I remember a day I could hop on one of these and go for 45 minutes barely feeling tired. I ended up doing 30 minutes total (2,827 reps) with a couple of short breaks. (Actual time 37 minutes) I'm not sure - I'm going to try to make myself feel better by saying the home version is much heavier than the gym versions - it was work making those peddles move even on the easiest settings - if not - I'm even more out of shape than I was just a few months ago trying out the gym membership. But in either case, it's going to be a good workout! I'm excited. I have my little journal book to document my time and strides. Hopefully they will improve each day as I get used to it.

Comments

Jayme said…
I wish we could fit a treadmill in this house...but alas...we live in a small little home! 1 day...until then it's the Texas heat and 4 miles for me :|

Popular Posts