Happy Birthday Jayme

Ten Things I Love About You...

1. You are a great Mom! Maybe my favorite thing about you. You are living my every "mom" fantasy. From the fun and games, to all the family outings, all the playing and laughing, to the "Michael/Jayme parenting teamwork", to the lessons you are teaching your kids. You have two darling, precious, sweet, cute, well-behaved, WONDERFUL kids.

2. You are honest. You are pretty open and honest about your life. Not one of those people who tries to put on appearances that everything is perfect every minute of every day. I appreciate that about you.

3. You have a good marriage. I've told you this so many times before, but you are a couple that I so admire. You support each other no matter who or what comes your way. You have a strong family unit and it starts with the love and commitment that you have with Micheal.

4. You are a hard worker! I can't believe how much you get accomplished in a day! From cleaning to cooking to projects. Everything with the kids, working, church and community activities. Wow!

5. You are just good 'ol fashioned fun. Like your Mom, I guess, you are ready to go, go, go! From fishing trips to fireworks.....shopping to play dates....you are always up for something new and adventurous to do and you seem to always have a great time doing it. I wish we lived closer sometimes so we could go do it together.

6. You are always eager to share. Love the blog. Love the photos. Love the recipes. You are the person that most connects me to Texas and Dallas and home. I think I love you most for that. Thanks for always thinking of new ways to share your life with the people in it - whether they are down the road or across the country - and everywhere in between. It's SO appreciated - more than you will ever know. Really. I started to cry as I typed this one. Thank you, Jayme.

7. We knew each other when. It's nice to have people in your life (in your 30's) that knew you when (in your childhood). We know the same perms, the garage sales, the Sonic trips and the Allen Eagles. We know what it's like to have over-the-top moms who love us and seemed to always be there whether at school, church or home. (Whether we wanted them there or not - ha) We know the piano recitals and the pee-wee cheer leading, the senior portraits and the wedding ceremonies. While we were at different places at different times, we "knew" a lot of the same experiences. We've seen each other grow up and go through hard times and good times and I'm so glad that you are still there and we get continue to that - watch your kids grow up - see where our families go.

8. You aren't judgemental. No long dialog on this one. It's just nice. I like that about you.

9. You are a good cook. Love all the recipes and the tips. I've tried several of them - and they are always good. Wish I had your baking abilities! I've passed several of your recipes on up here too. Like the "healthy versions" too. Keep those great ones coming!

10. All of the above. I could take each one of these things individually and tell you another person that I admire for the same reason. But to find ALL these things in one person.....that's rare. For that, the people in your life are so fortunate. I hope that you feel loved and celebrated by each and every one of them today. You are a good mother, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, and so much more. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to get to know you and I hope that I get that opportunity for many, many years to come. Who knows what the future holds for you - I can't wait to see. Happy birthday, Jayme.

Comments

Jayme said…
well.....*SNIFF*! I'm just now seeing this (late Sunday night) and you have me in tears! I love you too!! You were always my "big sister" I never had and always looked up to :) I'm so appreciative and thankful about where we've "evolved" to ;)

Popular Posts