What's For Dinner?

I must say, we eat pretty good in the Oakes household! We try to cook healthy as best we can. We eat out whenever we get a chance, but for the most part we eat at home and it's typically a protein, a veggie and a starch. David cooks on Evan nights - they have their regulars after all - burgers, grilled chicken with noodles (or rice) and broccoli, spaghetti with meat sauce and salad - you get the idea. I typically cook when it's just me and David. He's not very picky and as long as I stay away from eggs for dinner or mustard/vinegar flavors, he's usually pretty happy. (I have to have my Greek food covered in salty feta and olives when we go out or he’s away.) He's quick to praise, making me eager to try new things. I rarely cook with recipes. I just throw things into a pan, so meals typically come out slightly varied each and every time. And nothing I do is too complicated that a recipe would be required. I don’t bake – never have. But I thought it might be fun to add a page called "What's for Dinner?" and when we have something especially pretty or fun or interesting, I'll add it to the page. I don't have the expensive camera or the photography skills to start a "foodie" blog (as much as I'd like to) with tastespotting quality photos. But I think it would be something fun and new to add to the blog. I’d love to have your comments or any suggestions you have to improve the meals. Tonight we’re having something with an Italian twist. I’ll blog it when I have a chance (if it turns out alright that is!)

Comments

Popular Posts