Mary, The Rangers Won!


If I started blogging now about how I love the game, how I've followed them or how I've struggled with them over the losing years....well, you'd think I was blogging about my beloved Cowboys.  The truth is, I don't like baseball for lots of reasons and only followed The Rangers on rare occasions I had tickets and got to sit outside and people watch. I was usually ready to go by the 4th inning, unless, of course I was with Aunt Mary. Watching her enjoy the game was more fun than the game itself.  And now Aunt Mary, your Rangers are American League Champions and World Series bound!!  I can only imagine the celebration around your house and the anticipation of the games to come.  


I must say that I am tearing up as I am writing this because I just finished watching the end of the game and celebration this morning. It was so much of all the things I love about Texas wrapped up in one game. I loved that the beautiful Miss Texas sang God Bless America in the 7th inning stretch.  I love that the pan of the crowd was full of families and the occasional cowboy hat, not drunken obnoxious fans. I love that A-Rod had the final out that sent the Rangers into victory over the Yankees.  I love that there was a ginger ale fight in honor of Josh Hamilton and the new life that he is living in Christ. I love that Nolan was on the stage to accept the trophy and the history of Nolan and the Rangers and how it's all playing out now. I have to say, loved that game!  So perhaps, for the next week or so  I'll be a baseball fan for my Aunt Mary. But then back to the Cowboys and losing and loving my game: Football.

Comments

Amy said…
oh, come on! admit it - you're hooked! GO RANGERS!!!!

Popular Posts