So Nancy...

It is early Sunday morning and with all the guests bathroom space is in demand. So I snuck down to the first floor to use the "closet" really. It's a small space with a toilet and that's it.  I suppose it's useful for using right before you jump in the car, if you are out working and are dirty and need to run in and out quickly. But that's all it is. Even the sink is outside this little "closet".  There is room, however, for a small shelf next to the toilet paper and I looked over at it and started to laugh. There in the shelf/basket/thingy was a children's Halloween book in French.  So Nancy.



The story goes that Nancy was in a chateau in France and saw this book and wanted it desperately. She searched the Paris book stores high and low until she found it.  She reads it to her grand kids, in french mind you, every Halloween. It's no wonder I adore my husband so much when you know these little things about his mom, Nancy, who raised him. Such an interesting lady. David is all the better for having her in his life and now, thankfully, so am I.

Comments

Popular Posts