Festival Of Trees

Saturday afternoon we met Dan and Linda at one of my favorite restaurants in Hartford, Trumbull Kitchen.  After lunch we went to the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art for the Festival of Trees.  It's a large room in the museum with tree after tree after tree. Some are professional (the florists trees were REALLY good) and some are more simple (there was one from a girl scout troupe and one from a community center.) It's a really good place for ideas and techniques.
 
 
This one was Big Red. It was a horse stable theme.....apples, riding caps, water buckets, horse shoes, leather reigns...all on top of a hay bale. It was really cute!


 
This was my favorite. I saw it from far away and liked it, but when I saw it was titled "Christmas in Connecticut 1945" I loved it even more. Now that's a Christmas dress!
 
 
The center of the room. These were corporate sponsors like Macy's.
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gorgeous! I love the dress one - what a genius idea! j :)

Popular Posts