In 2010....

It's been quite a year for me, the more I think about it. I've done a lot this year. Life is a series of hills and valleys. Life has you going into and coming out of trials and hard times. But there are times of tranquility too. Times of rest. There are good years and fun years. 2010 was one of those. David and I were so blessed this year - beyond our wildest dreams. More than we ever began to deserve. Everyone in our lives is relatively happy and healthy. No major dramas or pains this year. We both held onto our jobs in this economy and I even got to add some new skills and responsibilities. It was a year of fun and adventure and love and dreams coming true. Looking back it was an interesting year.

1. Got to see Greenport, NY and Southington, CT and Shelburne Falls, MA and Kent, CT for the first time.

2. Took my first trip to Maine and got to eat lobster from Red’s.

3. Took a Beth Moore study that changed the course of my life (and David’s) in a lot of ways.

4. Got a new precious nephew with the prettiest eyes I’ve ever seen on a baby!

5. Experienced my first real New Hampshire Mud Season.

6. Made four trips to Texas. (Apr, Jul, Nov and Dec)

7. Took a bubble bath at the Mansion with Lady Primrose.

8. Committed my life to a man who I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with. I can’t image how I ever lived without him before.

9. Saw Sugarland for the first time and Brad Paisley for the 5th?? I think that’s right.

10. Celebrated with Nancy over her quick and easy surgery recovery.

11. Made big business dreams from tortillas and corn salsa.

12. Took my first trip to Harvard – Park Your Car In Harvard Yard!

13. Went to the doctor for the first time in years.

14. Flushed an orange down the basement toilet and learned about plumbing pumps.

15. Ventured out to my first Keene Pumpkin Fest and vowed never again!

16. The Rangers went to the World Series!

17. Took my niece to the movies for the first time. Just me and her.

18. Adjusted to life at 8 Cottage Lane.

19. Saw my first small town Hebron parade.

20. Ate two Texas watermelons (red and yellow).

21. Learned how to Quirkle.

22. Discovered the greatness of The Pioneer Woman.

23. Learned to make my own videos.

24. Got glasses.

25. Found and lost baby bunnies.

26. Celebrated a lot of birthdays, both in person and from afar.

27. Got an elliptical and still managed to gain 15lbs. (Look out 2011!)

28. Realized in a McDonald’s parking lot that when my car breaks down, I’m always going to think of my Dad first.

29. Survived a “could have been” terrible accident.

30. Decorated the house for Halloween near the likes of Fright Night.

31. Voted for my favorite tree at The Festival of Trees.

Not sure what 2011 will have in store, but I am looking forward to finding out!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome list!!
J :)
Amy said…
that is a great list! i particularly like #13 (for those of us who seem to go every other week that is impressive and quite a blessing indeed!) and #16!

seriously though it is a good thing to look back and think about the blessings you've had during the year. inspires me to start making my list!

Popular Posts