The New Adventures Of Old Christine

Okay, it's another time that I am behind, I know. This series has come and gone and I am just now discovering it. I'm not really sure when it was on, what I was watching then, or how I missed it. I first saw it on a plane trip and had to fight back not laughing out loud in my seat. There I was with my mini-diet coke in hand, earphones on, giant grin, head bobbing...and it's been love ever since.  I recently noticed that it's on re-runs everyday and while it's a little tricky watching them out of order - out of season order even - I come home every day with two new episodes on my DVR.  This show makes me LAUGH!!!  Maybe because she reminds me of so many of the things about myself I constantly have to fight. Have you seen this show?  She doesn't know ANYONE'S name.....someone can tell it to her and she doesn't remember it a minute later. She doesn't know her neighbors - in fact ducts when someone comes to the door. Never picks up the phone without waiting to see who it is. She's completely self-consumed. It's always about her. To the point of hilarity! And it has one of my favorite elements (much like Reba) an "old wife" and a "new wife" scenerio with a husband happily floating between the both maintaining a friendship and parenting relationship with one and a new relationship with the other. All the dynamics that go with that. It's just a silly comedy and not near the quality of Mad About You or Seinfeld or Everybody Loves Rayomd.  But if you need a laugh or just enjoy silly little half-hour sitcoms like I do, it's a good one!

Comments

Popular Posts