Life With David....

This was the scene this morning. Snow, ice, freezing rain in the forecast all day. I had to go out and get a picture of the snow pile that has accumulated in front of the house from plowing the streets. I've been meaning to do it for a week now. It's actually gone down believe it or not.

But, I have to say, one of the nice things about today's snow is that it's covering up all the brown dirt, so everything looks pretty and fresh again! The new fallen snow really is quite lovely. (Especially from the window near the pellet stove!)


Poor David had to go out and shovel us out so we could make the trek in this morning. He did the driveway in about 10 minutes with ease. He's a Jersey boy!  I know you roll your eyes, I know I say this all the time on the blog, but it just bears repeating: I so love my sweet David. Maybe it's because most of you in Texas don't get to see him very often....so you don't know the "day in and day out" David like you would if he lived closer to you. I don't know.

He goes out and shovels, comes in and makes coffee so the house smells amazing, gets Evan up and at 'em, drives in the snow and ice, never a complaint. Never a mumble. Never a frown or a cross word. He looks like a million bucks in his little weekday "Brook Brothers IT uniform".  As I'm amazed at his calm and his good-temperament on the way to work, he says "Well, you just have to do for those you love, don't you?" That just sums him up. It's just one of my favorite things about him. One of the things I most admire and most wish I had. He doesn't get flustered. He doesn't get angry. He doesn't get grumpy. And it just comes so natural to him. It's who he is. He's just a "nice guy". He doesn't even seem to work at it. I'm terribly jealous of it, but terribly grateful to have someone like David in my corner - especially on mornings like this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
what a guy
Amy said…
"like" !!!!

soooooo happy for you :)
Anonymous said…
Hey Kimberly, that's my kid!! How nice to hear kudos. You are pretty special yourself. Love, Mom O

Popular Posts