Now This Is Snow, Ya'll!

(Just a note 01.13.2011: I won Mario Brothers yesterday....that's what being snowed in will do.  I'm on the "Star World" now, Level 8-3. Can't get past it. Those hammer guys get me every time. ;) Have you won yet Dad? David and I are going to try another version this weekend. We have really enjoyed it.....okay, probably more me than him, but he can play games on his ipad right next to me on the couch while I play Mario.)

It snowed last night. And this morning. And it's still drizzling a little at noon. They cancelled work today so David and I are hanging out around the house. Thank you Mom and Haley for the Mario Brothers! :) Thought I'd share a few photos with you. More on Facebook if you want to see the whole thing. 

The Back Deck:


David before the hard work of shovelling:


Trying to get out to the tree:


The outfit. Are you ready for this?  Okay, Cowboy socks and tights. I squeezed into Evan's snow pants like a stuffed sausage. (Only the legs fit. Of course they didn't zip up, so I folded them over and let the muffin top flow over!) David's blue pants over that. (These were too big, so you can imagine from the too small to the too big, it was difficult to walk around.) Undershirt, turtleneck and Cowboys sweatshirt. I had a hood type thing that went over your neck. Earmuffs. Evan's gloves. Cowboys scarf. And you can't see them, but the bright red snow boots that Mary gave me before I moved up north to the cold. (Thanks Mary!) Note to self: Go to the bathroom first! But I was warm!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Kimberly, what a hoot! Now you are a real snow bird! Stuffed with clothes, forgetting the glamour. We have two feet as well, the white stuff still coming down. Hugs, Mom O
Anonymous said…
Hey you! I love the pic of you climbing to the tree- the things you'll do for the perfect shot ;)

Okay, so when I say I love snow storms.... it's one like these when the world is BEAUTIFUL and you get snowed in and truly can't leave the house! Hope you guys had a fun day. Wendy
Amy said…
oh my mercy. i'm proud of you for getting out in it. i didn't even get out the other day when it snowed a little here (not much here in coppell). i haven't been out of the house in days! too cold :)

Popular Posts