Scales and Sweets

Yesterday we went to see a few movies, and I recommend The King's Speech! If you haven't seen it, it's worth the price of a ticket (or movie rental as the case may be).  It's REALLY good! We had giant Texas Roadhouse cheeseburgers and fries for lunch and headed to Wal-Mart for me to get a scale. :) We don't have one at the house and I wanted one for my New Year resolution.

Yes, it's cliche. Probably the top New Year's resolution. And much like Oprah, I'm thinking "Why talk about it?  Just lose it".  But, I'm talking about it anyway.  I want to lose between 20-30lbs (depending on what I can do) by the end of April. That's an easy 2lbs a week. So, every Monday morning the scale will come out. In true Kimberly form, I have created an elaborate spreadsheet to track the pounds, amount of water drunk, elliptical use, etc.

Also in true Kimberly form, before Monday morning came around, I had to have one last dessert. So, I put this together last night. (It was more impressive in person - ha - the photo looks like a mess!) It's a cinnamon puff pastry with dark chocolate mousse, cinnamon whipped cream garnished with a raspberry sauce, a chocolate ganache, a chocolate disk, and yes, a small heart puff pastry.


I figured, why not start off Monday with a high weight! Then next Monday will start off as a HUGE success - more to lose! ;)   I won't write it about too much, but I'll keep you posted as to the results. (Hopefully the 2011 photos will speak louder than the words!) And if you are one of the masses resolved to losing 5-500lbs this next year, good luck to you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
YUM!!!
J :)
Anonymous said…
Your dessert looks amazing!
W.

Popular Posts