Nancy's Magic Mirror

Nancy and George have a charming house....a place for everything and everything in it's place. It's intentional. It's warm and it's cozy. It's very New England. I almost feel guilty pulling up the drive knowing we are going to drag up bag after bag and "junk it up". But that never stops us .... we unload games, bags, a cooler, hanging clothes, extra boots and winter gear .... whatever else we think we will need for an overnight visit. We dump it all off in the kitchen, bedrooms and bathroom, leaving it's charming perfection a memory. At least for 24 hours.   


The guest bathroom is upstairs on the second floor. It's a small, unassuming bathroom....darling white footed tub....pedestal sink. White walls. Basic New England, simple, sweet bathroom. French soap in the dish on the sink (or at least I pretend it's french).  There are a few simple knickknacks around....small, homey touches. 


But the best thing about this bathroom is the magic mirror! I'm not sure why I have I never mentioned his before?? Nancy most definitely has a magic mirror.

I don't know if it's the mirror all on it's own. I have a feeling it just might be the three soft perfectly-glowing bulbs above ... or maybe it's the calming soft white everywhere around you. But I'm telling you, this mirror is magic

What powers does it posses, you ask? Will it talk to you you? Grant you three wishes? Show you the future? Better! This mirror is guaranteed to make anyone look ten years younger! I don't know what it is....your skin glows! Your eyes pop! Little lines are magically erased. It's like stepping into Hollywood lighting!


Everyone over the age of 30 should see themselves in this mirror. Every clothes store should have a mirror like this.....it might even make bathing suit shopping tolerable! Every restaurant should have these mirrors in their bathrooms.....how much more confidence they would give daters lingering over a long meal getting to know each other ..... you just look AMAZING!! New Carnival booth?? I think so! Step right up ladies and look into your past! See yourself as the young, smooth-skinned girl you once were.....

I had to get a photo....I'd never look this young again....I had to capture it.....I needed proof. Why hadn't I done this before? Move over Lopez......forget about it Klum....somebody get me a red carpet!


Huh? Well, there clearly must be something wrong with my camera, because this is NOT how I looked in the magical mirror! The magic must stay there in the farmhouse bathroom. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE it!! (You are cracking me up!) When you find out how to DIY a magic mirror for your basement, let me know! I want one too!!
J :)

Popular Posts