The Snow Is Gone!

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~ Charles Dickens

Do we have those days in Texas? I don't think so. Maybe I've just forgotten. But this quote makes PERFECT sense to me now! It was December 27, 2010 when we got the first snowfall of the winter. It was late this year. I was driving home from the airport when the flakes hit my windshield. By morning our yard looked like this:

From that day on, there has been snow in our yard. And now, 82 days later, after a long and miserable winter, the snow is completely melted. .....YEAH!!....Celebrate good times....come on! It's a celebration!!.....Celebra.....okay you get the idea! (I wish I could insert a music clip to somehow start playing right when you read the words "completely melted".)


But on the downside, the snow plows did a number on our yard. I knew that David had been talking about it all winter long, but didn't realize just how far they pushed up into our property. I thought they just hit the edge of the curb. I thought he was just being overly sensitive about his precious lawn. I was wrong! Remember this pile?

I can't WAIT until the day I post the big pink tree in the front when it's just popping against the bright blue sky with the gorgeous green lawn below. How many days until that day?

Comments

Popular Posts