Happy Birthday, Little Brother

Happy Birthday John! I hope it's a good one. The memory that has run through my mind all day today is how Mom and Dad put our beds together, separated only by one little wall....I can still here us tapping...."Are you there?", "Can you hear me?" "Do you think Santa came?", "Do you want to make breakfast in bed for Mommy and Daddy?" ... talking through the walls. So innocent. So sweet....as only siblings can.

I can see my niece and oldest nephew doing that today. It's funny.....when I look at them, I think of us. You're my baby brother and I love you so much. So sorry that we are so far. So sorry that I can't be the Aunt that I should be to your little ones. So sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate your birthday this weekend...but please know that I love you and I was thinking of you all day today. I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Comments

Popular Posts