Hurricane Irene: The Aftermath

It's Monday morning and I am happy to be back at work. I'll tell you all about it, but let's start with the good stuff.....the photos! We got a little stir crazy on Sunday afternoon, so we went out and took a few photos.
 Giant trees were down everywhere.
This is a tree that fell at the end of our street.

Roads were closed all over.  Toppled trees on power lines were a common sight on Sunday.
If trees weren't down, the roads were littered with twigs, leaves and small branches. The road was pretty slippery.
We were out walking in the rain on Sunday morning and heard a chainsaw. The guy who works on David's car (and lives right behind us) had a tree fall into his house, so David helped him in the morning.

Here's a depressing image:

Stories to come. But now I want to check my emails and Facebook! I missed my computer time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts