Super Bowl Weekend (Part I)

(I have many more photos to share. Here's Part I - more photos to follow. I promise.)

It's just been an amazing winter! With the exception of the snowstorm that cancelled Halloween, we have had little to no snow, warmer than average temperatures and  sunny windless days.  It's been the mildest winter I've experienced up here thus far. It's February and we spent quite a bit of time on Saturday out and about enjoying the weather.  (Now, it's all relative you know, it was still in the 40's.) But I have absolutely no complaints!!  This is the first year my winter blog hasn't been full of complaining and snow photos and more complaining.  God has given me a little reprieve and it's MUCH appreciated! Spring is right around the corner and on to a glorious summer and fall. 

Nancy and George came in on Saturday afternoon. After lunch we went to Salmon River State Forest in Colchester.  Here's a few photos that I took.  (Note: there are several others on the Photo A Day page.)
 
After the walk we stopped at Cato Corner Farm.  They are famous in this area for their cheese.  They make all of their cheese by hand with raw milk from their 40 Jersey cows. They never use growth hormones, sub-therapeutic antibiotics, or animal-based feeds, and their cows graze freely so that they have happy lives with a rich diet of fresh pasture grasses. And that makes for some really delicious and unbelievely expensive cheese! They also sell free range meats.  I walked around the perimeter of the farm and took a few shots. 

This cow was my favorite photo:
We came home, cleaned up and went out to dinner in Willimantic. 

Sunday morning it was church (a big fundraising day for our new - and first - real building. No more meeting in a school!)  and then lunch. Everyone went out to walk again and I stayed home and got ready for the party.  I did put together a blue and red table complete with balloons and poms, but in all the events and activities I never took photos of it. I had big plans ... football chocolate covered strawberries and a watermelon football helmet ... all courtesy of  pinterest, but they all seemed to flop.  So, needless to say good intentions and no photos.

Dan and Linda came over for dinner and then we watched the big game. I decided my dislike for Tom Brady outweighed my dislike for the Giants, but I wasn't too invested either way.  David on the other hand had a ball. He was completely invested and for the second time since I've known him, the Giants are World Champions.  Ugh.  I mean, Congratulations!  (But really I mean ugh.) It was a nice night. Fun to sit and visit. Nice to have a full living room. And we enjoyed the whole experience from Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert's America the Beautiful all the way through to the end.

Nancy and George were out of the house at the crack of dawn. (Actually don't even know if dawn had cracked.  It may have still been dark.) And it was back to work and a regular 'ol Monday for us here in Connecticut.  It was a good weekend - lots of good memories!

Comments

Popular Posts