TGIF

Saturday Morning Notes: if you are trying this at home. The word down that I forgot to number and put a clue for is: BURROW (what the rabbits did in our yard last year.) It's near the bottom of the puzzle. 

David and I went through it last night. There were some he couldn't get. So if you get them all, let me know!

Thank goodness it's Friday! I love Fridays. I think most people do. There's the obvious ... it's the weekend, no work tomorrow TGIF. But there are a few other reasons I love Fridays these days:

1. On Friday afternoons our milkman comes 'round. He brings the eggs, milk and half-and-half, but he also brings my latest addiction: Guida pure squeezed orange juice. I am hooked on this stuff. It's usually gone by Sunday morning. I have to wait all week for the next delivery. I look forward to popping that tab open and tasting that first cold glass all week.  

2.  My sister-in-law posts a new theme-related photo every Friday.  I come in every Friday in anticipation of the theme and more importantly the creativity and skill that she will display. I look. I marvel. I admire. And then I shoot off an email to Mom reminding her it's PHOTO FRIDAY!

3. Fridays are typically quiet at work allowing me to blog surf, catch up on Facebook and Fro videos.  And I have time to do silly things like this: I made my own crossword.  Can you figure it out?  Answers to follow. (If you click on it, it's bigger and clearer. Please don't laugh at my sad numbering job!)

DOWN
1 Our favorite TV show
2 _____ Americain
3 The city I love
4 Nancy's past time
5 My "other mom"
6 Total bliss
7 Where David went to school
8 Local cheese
9 Where we took mom and Marsha
10 Mohegan Sun
11 New England tourist season
12 David's middle name
13 What Fro knows
14 8 Cottage Lane: Our ____
15 Instead of a basement
16 What I do with conflict
17 Nancy's hotdogs
18 How I got to Connecticut
19 Strangest thing I've eaten in New England
20 My dream job (TWO WORDS)
21 What I must have every day (TWO WORDS)
22 I always use Ina's recipe
23 David's birthday month
24 I check this every day
25 David's Team
26 What my eyebrows are
27 The Oakes lake house is off North _____
28 Where I moved
29 What I wear all winter
30 Female sheep
31 What the winter gets in February
32 What we route for in the fall
33 Our church
34 This is _____ life

ACROSS

4 What Mary calls me
10 Where I work
19 What we got in October 2011
22 New England state I've been to once
26 What I’m still trying to do
32 Where Mom wants to cruise
33 Dan's better half
34 What I'd like to be able to sing
35 What I love to eat up here
36 Where Houston's problem was
37 Nancy's reading
38 Nail biting is a bad ____
39 Where I grew up
40 My niece
41 Where the cranberries grow
42 My latest obsession (TWO WORDS)
43 Uconn dogs
44 Autumn beauties
45 What our money is these days
46 Place David loves in summer (TWO WORDS)
47 My first job
48 I try not to be one
49 Evan's birthday month
50 What I will always be
51 The Drive David and I had our first date on
52 Where David works
53 This keeps my hands from cracking in winter (TWO WORDS)
54 Where we are by 9:00pm
55 Where David and I spent our first anniversary
56 Not Yes
57 What my blog is often times (like today!)
58 Something I can't do
59 Red storage building
60 Hartford was home to this Mark
61 Game David and I play
62 I wear these for David

Comments

aunt mary said…
I love the puzzle!! It's so you, plus I get to see how much I know about "Kimmy World" -- win/win!!

Popular Posts