Thanks Pinterest ... I Mean Jayme ...

There is this amazing world out there called Pinterest.com. If you don't know about it, you might want to check it out. I didn't know about it until about a month ago. Jayme recommended that I look into it. I had heard of it, but never really been to the site. Basically it's a big giant internet pin board. You can "pin up" party ideas, organizing ideas, recipes, crafts, photography ideas, fashion, home decor, funny sayings ..... you name it and it's probably on there.

I will admit, I wasn’t all that taken with it at first. “I’m just doing it to be nice … to participate …” I told David one night. "I don’t get it. It’s just a big giant internet pin board! Who cares??" But one day at work I was bored and things were slow and I really started to look into it. Dive in. Explore. And I have to say if you have an event, party or dinner to throw, there are so many great ideas! It brings this giant overwhelming world of creative blogs all into one easy to use place. Personally, I find the party/kids ideas the best, but maybe that’s just where my heart is.

Anyway, thanks Jayme! I wouldn’t have discovered this place if you hadn’t encouraged me to try it.

So, all that to say, I was thinking of ideas for a little Super Bowl decorating for a small get together this weekend and I found several cute ideas on Pinterest.  One was a football field table cloth.  I found it here.  She spent some time and money and bought felt, iron numbers, ribbon, etc. If I was doing this for a bigger party, I'd probably go that way too. Very cute! But I wanted to go on a budget with things I had around the house.  So, I had a green tablecloth (from Nancy's party) and I took some elastic, washers and paper and created my own inexpensive look:

Yep, Mom that's the football Easter basket you gave David last year. It's going to make a perfect bread basket.  Just pushed the handle down and filled it with a couple white cloth napkins. Thanks!
And again using Pinterest, I found this idea for pom-poms. You can see it here. GREAT, easy, and cheap birthday party decorations!  And you could really get creative with layering colors!  I will definitely do this again!! I went black and white with green ribbon accents:
David and I decided the table looked a little "6-year old boy football birthday" and the poms looked a bit "middle school football dance", but whatever. It's cute and festive and very inexpensive. 

Don't worry, I'm sure the kitchen will be Giants red and blue all the way ... I just couldn't QUITE stomach all that yet. I went turf green and referee black and white instead. It will take me a few days to get those Giants colors out.  I love my husband .... I love my husband .... I support my husband .... I support .... well, I'll keep saying that. Game's not until Sunday!  

Comments

mom said…
great job...you go girl...when are you two going to start that business

Popular Posts