Slow Cooked Salmon



On The Chew the other day Michael Symon made slow cooked salmon. 200 degrees. 25 minutes. Delicious melt-in-your-mouth salmon. It doesn't look "cooked".  It stays a beautiful pink. 

I served it over a cold salad: pea shoots, red onion, orange, blood orange, scallions and tarragon in dressing made with orange juice/zest, a little olive oil, salt and  pepper. SO GOOD! SO FRESH!

David and I were commenting that it didn't taste "fishy" - it just had a fresh taste. I'm not sure I would make this recipe with less than a high grade fish. The fish is the star. Simple, clean flavors. But if you have a nice piece of salmon, it's the way to go! Definitely worth a try.


It was SO GOOD! Even if the salmon doesn't interest you I'd recommend the salad with grilled chicken.  Delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts