Ten Things I Thought About Since Friday

I read a blog this morning called "Ten Things I Learned Since Friday". I thought it was cute. Not sure I really "learned" ten things this weekend. That would be QUITE a weekend, but I thought about a lot this weekend.  Here's my Ten Things I Thought About Since Friday ....

1. Forsythia is my favorite flower. People ask me sometimes, what is your favorite flower? I never can think of a good answer. Roses, I guess ... I say. But every year about this time when everything else is still brown, these BEAUTIFUL bushes emerge on the highways and in people's yards and it brings such joy to my heart. FINALLY a pop of color. I think you have to live up here to really understand it. They wouldn't be my favorite flower living in Texas. But after a gorgeous spring, a sunny warm summer and an unbelievably colorful fall, the winters are so barren and dreary and grey and brown. More so this year with the warmer winter. There were fewer bright white, icy, snowy days ... just dead brown tones. Forsythia is my favorite flower .... I'll remember it every March.

2. Marilyn Monroe was one sad lady. Dan and Linda invited us over to watch My Week With Marilyn. I had been dying to see it. I'd be interested to read a biography now. She had quite a story. Guess I never gave her much thought besides her cute movies .... happy birthday to Kennedy ... that white dress and what a Halloween costume she makes ... things like that. Very tragic, her life. A sad beginning and a sad ending.

3. Jenny was right ... I DO live in a postcard or a painting. Do you know this famous Norman Rockwell Christmas painting?
 
 
This is Main Street in Stockbridge, MA. It looks almost the same as it did then.  Every year they recreate this scene for a weekend in December. I really hope to go this year. How crazy to be standing there in a Norman Rockwell Christmas painting. 
 
4. There is still SO MUCH I haven't even begun to see up here.  This summer I want to focus on The Berkshires ... the western part of Massachusetts.  There are so many theaters and museums and gorgeous places to walk and good food to eat .... lots of summer day trips to look forward to.  
 
5. Never put your faith in people. Never want people to put their faith in you. Humans fail. Put your faith in The One who won't. And then just love and serve people. Boy, that's hard! I wish I was better at it.
 
6. I love ramekins.  How have I lived so long without owning some? If you don't own any, you should really think about getting some.  Makes me want to learn how to bake a souffle.  And it makes me wonder what else I have been living without in the kitchen.
 
7. I feel like I have so many "almost" talents. Maybe they are really just interests and not talents. There are things I can "kind of do", but I don't have anything that I'm really good at. I think that's bad. I think that's a lack of discipline and follow through. I wish there was something that I really excelled at. But even writing that, I'm not sure what that something is. I blame Pinterest and all the blogs I read for making this problem worse. There are so many people with such AMAZING talent and skill. But we can't all be The Pioneer Woman I suppose.    
 
8. I can't WAIT for a trip home!! I am counting the minutes. I miss everyone. I miss Texas. I wish I was leaving tonight. I am in desperate need of a "refresh".  The kind I can only get there. 
 
9.  The very instant the bills are paid off, I am looking for another place to work. The dread Sunday night at the thought of Monday morning is taking a toll. How unbelievable would it be to spend 40+ hours a week doing something you loved ... or something that you felt was helping others? What would that feel like? I can't wait to find out! The irony or agony of choosing an education and career path based on the fact that I was going to be a stay-at-home mom has run it's course.  I can't do it much longer. I am going to break. And it's going to be ugly.
 
10. A thermos of strong Starbucks, a funny podcast for the drive in to work and a blog to write it all out, definitely help.  Life is good. Spring is on the way. A trip to Dallas is in site. I have a husband who loves me.  And then there's always the forsythia!

Comments

mom said…
praying a new job for you among other important things

Popular Posts