JEALOUS!!

If you didn't know, David is in San Francisco this week "on business".  I say it like that because 1.) Really ... who from the east coast is really "working" when they get the privilege of being on the west coast.  2.) His flights both ways are first class and he's staying in a gorgeous, expensive hotel, the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Meals are paid for. And he has all evening to play around on the Pier. All he has to do is fiddle around on a few computers during the day! ... I'm jealous!! (Can you tell?)

Since I would be blogging if it were me, I thought I'd blog for him. Here's a quick update from what I've heard.  The three hour time difference is a bit of a killer, so after his first class travel, he went to bed and got up at 4:30 this morning. He took a walk around the city this morning (no fog today) then had a $26 bowl of oatmeal for breakfast in the hotel. 


The weather has been nice today. High 60's. And it's expected to be the same or better tomorrow.  Lucky dog!

David emailed me from his patio table at lunch and said "I am at Yank Sing's for lunch... Eating outside....  Jealous??? What was it that I am supposed to order?

Anyone who has travel with or to me knows, I like to plan. Itineraries are my thing!  Maps, directions, lists ... I love to create them.  So before David left, I made him a list (complete with "close up" and "far out" maps)  of restaurants that had been featured on Best Thing I Ever Ate or Diners Drive-ins and Dives.  One of the places on the map was Yank Sing's. It was the closest to his office and as we never get good Asian food in Connecticut, I suggested this as a good choice.

 
They have traditional and contemporary dim sum. Chris Cosentino, a famous chef in San Fransisco, was on The Best Thing I Ever Ate praising the baked pork buns at Yank Sing. If you want to see the video of them, click here.  I think that says it all. They are a 2009 James Beard winning restaurant.

I think David ended up with steamed buns, but I'm sure they were good too! Here's the photo he sent me:


(Whatever the dumpling thing in the top right is, looks good too! YUM!)  And while I am getting ready to head home for the day, David is getting ready for an afternoon coffee break.  I'll keep you updated as I get information.  He's having a good time, Nancy and George. No worries. 



Beyond jealous ...

Comments

David said…
The picture of the "steamed buns" are the pork buns stuffed with nuggets of honey glazed BBQ pork. The item in the upper right hand corner is a chicken filled dumpling.
Anonymous said…
Hey, that son of mine is living he good life! Hugs, Momma O
Anonymous said…
i'd be beyond jealous!!!!

Popular Posts