Let Them Know!

I saw two people hit by a car today in a parking lot at lunch. It was horrible. It is second only to the time I saw a man shot on the sidewalk in Washington D.C.  I will never forget it.  I was going to write it all out in gruesome detail and decided quickly that no one needs/wants to read that.  Plus, I'm still in the office and I have been trying all day to hold off  the tears.  I'm sure the flood gates will open on the way home. A good cry to loud music to let it out.

1. I will say that I am so thankful that I was on the other end of the parking lot.  It could have been any one of us standing there in stunned stillness had we been a few seconds sooner in or out of the store. 

And most importantly, 2. the reason I write anything at all is to say, let the people you love know it. TODAY.  You may not have tomorrow. It may sound at first depressing, but it's very true. Two men walking into a grocery store on a partly sunny Thursday afternoon, minding their own business are now in a hospital, or as I suspect for at least of them, worse. Were they Fathers? Sons? Brothers? Husbands? Hoaw many other lives were changed in a matter of seconds forever today?  Did someone lose a Dad today? My heart absolutely breaks for them and I have no idea who they are.  

The tears are welling up, so I better sign off.  I'm sorry I'm so far from so many of you I love.  I hope you know I love you. I hope I've told you and shown you. I hope you know.  If there is anyone you need to make peace with, do it! If there something you  need to tell someone say it! Don't let the day pass.  We are only guaranteed now, not tomorrow. I saw that first hand this afternoon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i love you so very much gm
Anonymous said…
Kimberly, I was sorry that his happened. It is so true, what you said. We must let others know our love for them, for who knows what the future will bring. Love, Momma O

Popular Posts