Maple Glazed Chicken

I saw this on The Pioneer Woman's blog today: Maple Glazed Chicken Kabobs. They were so pretty and looked SO GOOD!  So, I decided that I just had to try them for dinner. Basically it's maple/soy glazed chicken with a pineapple salsa.  What's not to love?

So, this is my interpretation.  I seared a couple of bone-in chicken breasts and then finished baking them in the oven. (About the last 10 minutes of cooking, I brushed them liberally with the  glaze.) I continued to reduce the rest of the glaze until I got a thick sauce.  I topped the chicken with the  pineapple salsa (made by the recipe) and drizzled the plate with the remaining thick glaze.

SO GOOD!  Unfortunately the photos didn't do it justice.  You'll have to go the Pioneer Woman to see good photos.  I was in a hurry to eat mine and I didn't want the  salsa to make my crispy skin soggy. 


(I think the real maple syrup made a difference! If you are going to try it, go for the real deal. Not Aunt Jemima. The sugar syrup won't have the same effect.  If you ever need any, let me know, I can always send or bring you some!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
yummmmy!!!

gm

Popular Posts