Picture Day

Today at work is picture day.  Is there anything worse than picture day?  I suppose if you are just amazingly photogenic, it might not be that bad. But "picture day" carries with me a feeling of itchy uncomfortable clothes ... hair mishaps ... one eye being bigger than the other ... and don't get me started on the teeth. 

I still remember standing in line in the school cafeteria.  You plopped up on that twisty seat in front of a large black velvet blanket.  Hold your head this way, tilt that chin, smile ... no, no not that big a smile. Year after year.  Awkward photos only a relative could love. I thought we outgrew that after senior portraits. I suppose there are still engagement and wedding photos, but let's face it, you are looking your best and practically glowing with love. So, I don't think those count. 

No, it would seem you never outgrow picture day.  The outfits are still itchy and uncomfortable ... ties and jacket and button-down shirts ... and the hair, eyes and teeth are the same (just bigger and older).  There are a few more grey hairs and the crow's feet are really coming in nicely.  (Thank goodness for Photoshop).  

So, I sit here at my desk, waiting my turn to walk down the hallway and smile ... but not too big.

Note: AAUUGHHHH....It's 2:42pm and I just finished my session.  Want to know what they said?  No lie. "Don't smile so big." "Too big a smile."  Finally the photographer said, "Well, I guess that's just you."  About 10 shots later I get this, "I've lost that glimmer you had in your eye since you came in."  I was like YEAH, I'm trying not to smile TOO BIG with my chubby cheeks and giant horse teeth!!"  Sheesh....if I wanted this kind of abuse I'd just go to the doctor or the eyebrow lady!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh boy, I can relate to this. Momma O

Popular Posts