Father's Day Table Setting Part I

Here are some photos of the table setting I made for company this weekend.  This was a "budget" table setting, so I used a lot of what I already had.  I know you see these same cream plates and solid black napkins and mats all the time, but buying  solids really helps to put different looks together.

I have to admit, I got the ideas off my favorite, Pinterest.  The tutorial for the "chocolate bar suits" are here.  So easy!  Mine weren't as good as hers, of course, but good enough for first try. The pattern on her paper is PERFECT! You can almost feel the wool.  I couldn't find anything that good at our little Michael's, but this textured grey works pretty well.



And more credit due, the "napkin tie" was from this site.



I didn't follow these directions with the ruler and the whole bit. These were super easy.  My knot is not as tight and crisp as hers, but they are really cute on the table!

I bought 2 yards of this silk material at JoAnn's and just folded it over.  No sewing, no work. It was the end of the roll too, so not only did I get the 40% off from the sale, I got an extra 50% off for the "end of the roll" discount. YEAH! I was so excited when I saw this fabric: black, copper, cream and grey.  I couldn't believe I found all the colors I was using in one piece of fabric! I was expecting to have to go solid black or layer, which would have been more expensive. 

I left the candles off, much to my dismay, but it's a "manly" table and the candles didn't work.  I had to leave the centerpiece flowers though! I kept the previous table setting I had and removed all the green, leaving the black, brown and cream.

More on the table tomorrow.  I have a few additions to add.

Comments

Anonymous said…
really creative...you make things so much fun...
Anonymous said…
The table looks wonderful! Very creative! Momma O
Anonymous said…
BEAUTIFUL!!!! gm

Popular Posts