Planting Herbs ....

Saturday it rained all day. David and I spent a lot of time watching movies and hanging around the house.  When we woke up Sunday, it was clear as a bell!  After church we decided to take advantage of the sun.  The forecast was rain in the afternoon, so we had a brief window.  We passed up a larger, nicer nursery and tried a little place on the way home in hopes of lower prices.  What a great find!  We bought a hanging cherry tomato plant. (After thinking about it, I think we are getting another one on the way home next Sunday!

 It's just loaded with little green tomatoes:


I've been inspired by all the herb gardens on Pinterest. I think next year, I want to go all out. I want to take the swings off the swing set and use the heavy hooks for a variety of plants and herbs hanging in different baskets at different levels. I think it will be pretty and functional at the same time. it looks so great in my head - we'll see. For now we went with a giant pot of cilantro and chives and two separate hanging baskets of basil. 


I've wanted a large herb garden for years now. I think we are on our way! Mint and rosemary are next. I think we will add another pot or two before the summer is over. For now, I am a happy girl! We are ready for fresh summer cooking ... and well .... the smell of fresh basil wafting through the air while you sit out on the deck is just a delightful bonus.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kimberly, your tomato plant looks wonderful, so full of goodies. Mine has only one flower! Momma O

Popular Posts