For You Marsha, Happy Birthday!



Today has absolutely been the most fun! I have had Facebook up all day, constantly going and checking and seeing what people are saying - who is doing what - and what Marsha and Mom are up to. 

What a great way to spend a day!

Here are a few things that David and I did for you Marsha, in honor of your birthday request.  We love you and wish we could have been there to spend the day with you.  It looked like a blast!

1. I made the bed. (I know, I know, but I NEVER make the bed.)

2. Sent in a charitable donation and David filled out the paperwork to have it company matched.

3. Got a Yelp account and gave 5 star reviews to my favorite neighborhood places.

4. Donated to Make-A-Wish in CT in honor of Alyssa, who is dearly missed. (She had a chance to go to Disney and see the princesses because of Make-A-Wish.)

5. Left a positive comment on a few blogs I read often.

6. Left $5 in one dollar bills on the low rack of the toy isle with a note in the dollar store I frequent.

7. Left $10 in the school supply isle behind boxes of crayons in Wal-Mart with a note.

8. Mailed out some letters and lotto tickets.  (Hope someone wins!)

9. While I made dinner, David went out and picked up trash on the streets in our neighborhood. They are always lined with containers and bottles and things.

10.  David and I left quarters in the local laundry mat (where we went in the power outage days) and a note.

11. David and I dropped off a gift to friends who are ALWAYS showing us random acts of kindness ... in fact, the more I think of it, they are really random acts of kindness EXPERTS! 

12. "Clicked" a donation for free by going to: http://www.oneclickatatime.org/children-charities.html

13. David and I left an anonymous lotto ticket and  note in Evan's teacher's mailbox. (Not sure if she'll get it or the mailman!)

14. David and I left an anonymous lotto ticket and note in Evan's Saturday art teacher's mailbox. (Not sure if she'll get it or the mailman!)

SO FUN!!!  I had such a great day doing all these things.  Makes me want to keep my eyes open and do more as I see an opportunity.  I hope you had an even better day and it was a great celebration of your birthday! You are so loved by so many. Your Facebook page was so fun to read today. Your day has been a fun and surprising day for so many.

There are people you really like. There are people you really love. And then there are a few select people that you can't even imagine going through life without.  I know you have been one of those people for Mom and I have so benefited from that. My life is better because you are in it. I can't imagine a childhood without you in it! I love you and I hope you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARSHA!!!

Comments

Popular Posts