Unglued

I was turned on to this blog about a year ago or so and I check in on it from time to time during the week. She cracks me up! And I like that she is from Texas. So, when she blogged this book, Unglued, I thought I'd give it a try.  Here's part of the description she blogged:

God gave us emotions to experience life, not destroy it! Lysa TerKeurst admits that she, like most women, has had experiences where others bump into her happy and she comes emotionally unglued. We stuff, we explode, or we react somewhere in between.

... Of course my emotions are never out of control. Says the girl who’s been known to cry because HEB doesn’t have any ripe avocados and I really wanted guacamole.

That made me laugh and go "huh..." at the same time.  I'm a "stuffer" from way back.  I clam up quick when conflict even has the potential to arise. I know that. My family knows that. My husband knows that. But I have sort of been resigned to it. Even convincing myself that stuffing emotions was the right thing to do.  This book has been a help to me.

I'm half way through and enjoying every page. It's a quick little paper back.  Most people could read it in an afternoon. If anyone wants it after I'm done, you are welcome to it. I'll mail it to you. Just let me know.

Comments

Popular Posts