Heublein Tower At Talcott Mountain State Park

(Note to Self: If you make fried rice balls for lunch, David will make you walk up a mountain and climb up a tower and do it all again in reverse to get back to the car.)
 
We had a few free hours this afternoon so I let David pick what we should do.  Well, let me explain.  We decided that it was a nice day and a walk might be nice. I emailed him a link to all the walking choices within 20 miles of  our zip code. (It's a  really great site for CT walkers!!)  I told him to pick what he would like to do. 
 
The ending result?  A steep, rocky 1.25 mile hike up a mountain to reach a tower, Heublein Tower.  Your reward for reaching the top of the mountain? 12 flights of stairs to the view at the top.  David took these photos. I was too busy trying not to die.
 
The Tower:
 

 The View From The Tower:



There's Hartford:

 
When I wasn't gasping for air, it really was quite lovely.  We decided it would be more impressive in the fall with the leaves changing colors.

I did get a few shots along the way:


 
Most fun I've ever had? No.  Good exercise outside on a lovely day in September?  Yes. I'll be WISHING for this day in February!

Comments

Popular Posts