Festival of Trees At The Wadsworth

Saturday David and I went to the Wadsworth Museum in Hartford with Dan and Linda to see the Medieval to Monet exhibit and then the Festival of Trees.  Here are a few of the trees we saw.
 
(Note: Some of the photos are pretty long. If you click on the first one, you can click through them and see each photo on the screen easier.)  
 
This one was pretty cute. It would be perfect in a library or a student's room ... A "book tree":
 
 
I laughed when I saw this one. All the way in Hartford, CT there was a Cowboy tree. That's amazing to me, especially considering how they've played the last 10 years.  I voted for this one, of course.  
 
 
 
GENIUS!!  I LOVE this one ... a boy's room?  Toy Solider Tree:
 
 
This little yellow queen was sitting among a forest of silver trees:
 
 
There were candy trees:
 
 
Even alien trees:
 
 
Hello Frosty:
 
 
As I was walking up to this one, I was thinking, oh wow, compromise.  Trucks for the girls and "pink" for the  girls ... maybe a brother and sister put this together.  But it was actually a tree for "women in construction".   I still think it's' a cure idea for a sibling tree ... a little of both worlds:
 
 
Little drummer boy:
 
 
This one was  pretty. It was in a dark room and I didn't get a great photo,  but it's a partridge in a pear tree. The little blue tree was covered in hanging sparkly gold pears.
 
 
Right next to it was this ... not a tree at all, but a tiny doll house in a tree. My niece would have LOVED this!  Teeny tiny little things all placed just so...the rugs, the paintings ... so cute!  It was $750. Oh, how I wish I could have bought it and shipped it to her for Christmas. She would have LOVED it!
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kimberly, what great photos you have taken! I enjoyed them so much. Love, Momma O

Popular Posts