Why I Shop At CVS



I have to admit, I am a CVS shopper!  Their CVS card has me hooked. Here's why:

I spent at CVS this afternoon  $128.47
I bought two items with $1 off  coupons  -$2.00
I saved with my CVS card -$28.90
I had $15 Extra Bucks on my card -$15.00
I got $20 in Extra Bucks for my next visit -$20.00
$62.57
Makes you feel like you saved $65.90

I walked out feeling like I bought one bag and got one bag free! I bought enough lotion, moisturizer, shampoo, etc. to last me well into March! 

Now, the real experiment would be to take my list and buy the exact same things at WalMart.  How much is it marked up so I "feel like I saved $28.90".  (Like the dreaded grocery store cards.)  And the Extra Bucks insure CVS that I WILL be back in their store to spend again.  So, I see their value in those. Plus I imagine the companies pay them some too because if you have to "buy 3 Proctor and Gamble products to earn 6 Extra Bucks" for example. Proctor and Gamble must have a deal with CVS.  

But as an everyday consumer of makeup, beauty supplies, cleaning supplies, and a bad diet soda habit ... with a CVS in my little town and also less than one mile from my place of employment .... it just just doesn't get any better!  

Not sure if the the sales are the same across the country ... Dallas may be a different story ... but there is a lot on sale right now in our neck of the woods, if you are looking for bargains in the pharmacy/convenience store world! I say get a CVS card!

Whoever developed and runs this plan is a genius! Other companies should follow suit. Makes me feel like it's real savings as opposed to those grocery store cards. Have a mentioned I hate those?  You can TELL it's marked up items ... I know I can get  groceries cheaper if I just go to the right places.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you've made me a believer
Anonymous said…
me. too. don't exactly get it yet but i'm getting a card this week.
gm

Popular Posts